Monday, August 09, 2010

Vector Art Show at Moxi Salon in San Francisco



Artist Statement:

The artwork hanging in my show is my attempt to capture more then just a portrait ,a pretty face, body or style. Each image is about the mood, personality and feeling within the image. If I as an artist can invoke some feeling from any of my images then I've succeeded.

Vector: A style of art or creating imagery comprised of paths, which are defined by a start and end point, along with other points, curves, and angles along the way. A path can be a line, a square, a triangle, or a curvy shape. I use those paths within my artwork to create imagery base upon photos. These photos are either taken by myself or used with the permission of the photographer. Some of my subjects are separated from myself by countries, continents, languages and cultures. While others are friends or acquaintances that have inspired me to create art.

The combination of photography and digital illustration allows me a certain flexibility with creating each hanging artwork. That said each canvas piece is unique and no image could be duplicated in the exact manor even if tried. I also never print the same size or exact color combination of any image. Each image is completely unique and should be treated as individual artworks.


Here's a few samples and rough sizes that are hanging:

this is my largest at 6' x 3'
tallsocks

this one is cropped a bit but hangs at 2'X3"

fset-006vector

another large one this is at 3.5'X4.5'

bang

No comments: